These Chocolate Chip Blondies are chewy, chocolatey, and the best blondies you will have. If you love chocolate chip cookies and brownies, then you’ve come to the right place.
What Is A Blondie?
Blondies are essentially vanilla-based brownies. They don’t contain cocoa powder like your average brownie. It’s as if a chocolate chip cookie and a brownie had a baby, you would get a blondie. These Chocolate Chip Blondies are rich, decadent, and an all-around sweet dessert.
- Butter: We’re using unsalted butter for these Chocolate Chip Blondies. Using unsalted allows us to control the salt intake in this recipe. Make sure your butter is softened to room temperature. This helps us cream the butter with the sugar easier by avoiding lumps. Click here for a quick tip if you forget to take your butter out of the fridge.
- Sugar: There are two different kinds of sugar in this recipe; white sugar and light brown sugar. The white sugar is classic, whereas the light brown sugar adds a little bit more of a rich flavor.
- Eggs: The eggs will help bind the batter together, and two is all we need.
- Vanilla Extract: This is a classic flavoring that is in most desserts. If you’re looking for an extra kick, here are some different flavoring options that I love.
- Flour: All-purpose flour is the best type of flour for this recipe. Make sure you spoon and level your flour, don’t pack it in because you’ll end up with 50% more flour than expected. See below for how to make this recipe gluten-free.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda helps the chocolate chip blondies rise a bit. Without baking soda, you’ll end up with a flat blondie. We’re looking for chewy and fluffy ones.
- Salt: Adding salt is recommended to help balance out the sweetness. If you’re using salted butter, don’t add salt to this recipe.
- Chocolate Chips: One cup goes a long way, and it will help these blondies become gooey and delicious.
How To Make Chocolate Chip Blondies?
Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a square 9″ brownie pan. Line the pan with parchment paper as an easy way to get the blondies out, with minimal clean-up.
Using your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add your softened butter, white sugar, and brown sugar and beat together until light and fluffy. This process should take three minutes.
Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until combined. Be sure not to over mix. Next, add in the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined, and then fold in the chocolate chips. It’s best to fold the chocolate chips instead of using your mixer because you could end up overworking your dough.
Spread the dough evenly into your greased pan. Feel free to add some extra chocolate chips on top to make it extra chocolatey, and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Be sure to allow your chocolate chip blondies to cool in the pan for about ten minutes, and then move it to a wire rack to cool completely. If you’re anything like me and you can’t wait until cutting into them, try and wait the ten minutes.
Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free
Making these chocolate chip blondies gluten-free is very simple. Substitute all-purpose flour for gluten-free flour, the same amount.
There are a few steps to make this recipe dairy-free. Substitute butter with margarine or a neutral-flavored oil like vegetable or canola, and use dairy-free chocolate chips. I have successfully made this recipe gluten-free, as well as dairy-free. Just keep in mind that you’ll get a softer dough if you use oil instead of butter.
Chocolate Chip Blondies
These Chocolate Chip Blondies are chewy, chocolatey, and the best blondies you will have. If you love chocolate chip cookies and brownies, then you've come to the right place.
- 1 stick + 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature )
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a square 9" brownie pan.
In your stand mixer bowl, add in your softened butter and beat it with the paddle attachment for about one minute until light and fluffy. Add in your sugars and mix until creamy – about 3 minutes or until you get a grainy paste.
Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until fully incorporated.
Sift in the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix to combine. Make sure not to over mix.
Fold in your chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
Spread your dough evenly into the pan, using a spatula or the back of a spoon to get it up to the sides of your pan.
Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Allow the chocolate chip blondies to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, and then move then to a wire rack to cool completely.
Make sure you don’t scoop the flour from the container. Scooping your flour with the measuring cup, you’ll end up with way more flour than you want. Make sure you take a spoon and spoon in the flour into the measuring cup and level it off with a knife. Click here to learn more.
If you’re using oil instead of butter or margarine, make sure you only use 2/3 of a cup.
Feel free to add nuts or white chocolate chips to these. Have fun with your creations.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @orlieskitchen and hashtag #orlieskitchen
7 responses to “Chocolate Chip Blondies”
I like a good blondie recipe. Think I might have to make a batch for this weekend.
These chocolate chip blondies were so easy and delicious! Such a fun and tasty recipe!
So glad they turned out great!
These look delicious. I will try making them this week!
Okay this sounds seriously delicious!
Chocolate chip cookies are my weak point and these turned out absolutely delicious. Thanks for the recipe.
I think chocolate chip cookies are everyone’s weak point, which makes these blondies so good! 😉