Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
Amp up your brownie game with these Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies! They have a rich and gooey brownie base with a peanut-buttery kick.
These Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies resemble my One-Bowl Brownies. They are dairy-free, and you can make them gluten-free as well. You only need one bowl so you won’t have to worry about dirtying up every bowl and utensil in your kitchen! Let’s get started.
- Oil: You can use any neutral-flavored oil for this recipe. I usually use canola oil or vegetable oil, but feel free to use avocado oil or grapeseed oil.
- Sugar: We’re using a mix of white sugar and light brown sugar. White sugar gives you that classic brownie flavor, and light brown sugar makes for a chewier brownie.
- Eggs: Two eggs will do the trick to bind the brownies together.
- Vanilla Extract: This is a given to add a little flavor.
- Cocoa Powder: Hershey’s Cocoa Powder is the best option. I use it for all of my chocolate desserts, and it never fails.
- Instant Coffee: This will enhance the chocolate flavor in your peanut butter swirl brownies. It will not make your brownies taste like coffee. It’s simply a flavor enhancement. Use your favorite coffee brand.
- Peanut Butter: Use any type of peanut butter you like as long as it’s a creamy texture. Keep in mind that we’re mixing some of the peanut butter in the brownies, and leaving some for the top, so don’t mix all of it into the batter.
- Chocolate Chips: In this recipe, we’re using semi-sweet chocolate chips. Feel free to use white chocolate, milk chocolate, or even peanut butter chips. Get creative!
How to Make Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies?
In a medium-sized bowl, add your flour, cocoa powder, white and brown sugar, and instant coffee. Whisk together until combined to the point where you no longer see any lumps. Next, add the oil, eggs, and vanilla extract and mix until combined. Make sure you do not overmix.
Add 1/4 cup of the peanut butter to the batter, and mix until incorporated. You should receive a thick pancake-like batter consistency.
Add three dollops of peanut butter into the pan. Two in the top corners and one in the bottom middle. Using a toothpick, swirl peanut butter throughout the brownies. Start with your toothpick in one corner of the brownies working your way all through the brownies.
Bake the Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies in a preheated 350°F oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free
Gluten-Free: Sub the all-purpose flour with 1 to 1 gluten-free flour and you won’t even notice a difference.
Dairy-Free: This recipe is already dairy-free if you use dairy-free chips. You can find dairy-free chips anywhere these days.
Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
- ½ cup neutral-flavored oil vegetable or canola
- 1 cup light brown sugar lightly packed
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter saved for the end
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350° F and grease an 8-inch square brownie pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add your flour, cocoa powder, white and brown sugars, and instant coffee. Mix until incorporated.
- Add your vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix to combine, making sure not to overmix.
- Fold in 1/4 cup of peanut butter, and add the chocolate chips. You're looking for a thick pancake-like batter consistency.
- Spread the batter evenly into your brownie pan.
- Dollop three tablespoons of peanut butter on top of your batter. Swirl them around using a toothpick.
- Bake the Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Make sure you’re not packing the flour into the measuring cup. Packing the flour can result in using more flour than intended. Spoon the flour into a measuring cup and level the excess off. Click here for more details.
- These brownies freeze well, and you can pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute to warm up before enjoying them. Add some ice cream on top for a flavorful treat.
- Creamy peanut butter will give you the consistency and delicious flavor you’re looking for. The peanuts in crunchy peanut butter will overpower the brownie flavor.
Did you make this recipe?